Check out the recipe for Tik Tok's latest food trend here!
Do you love Flamin' Hot Cheetos? Because we do! Here we have the best recipe to make your own Flamin' Hot Cheetos Salad.
We love spicy Cheetos in each of its forms: Flamin' Hot Cheetos Mac n' Cheese, Flamin' Hot Cheetos Mountain Dew, and Taco Bell's Flamin' Hot Cheetos Taco Shells. But the latest food trend around them has surprised us: Flamin' Hot Cheetos Salad!
The bizarre idea came from a TikTok user @rxthism, who shared the video of how to make the salad. "Let me show you how to make my Hot Cheetos salad," she wrote in the video clip.
She only needed five ingredients: the spicy snack, cilantro, cucumbers, lemon juice, and Tapatío hot sauce.
The spicy nack was introduced into the markets in the summer of 1990 and was launched nationwide in 1992.
Flamin' Hot Cheetos Salad
- 3/4 cup Flamin' Hot Cheetos
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Juice of a lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, rinsed, stemmed, and shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Pink Lady apple
1. Pulse the Flamin' Hot Cheetos in a food processor until they're the texture of panko breadcrumbs.
2. Whisk together the white wine vinegar, juice of half a lemon, olive oil, and a good pinch of salt in the bottom of a mixing bowl. Add the kale, and massage the dressing into each leaf. Add the walnuts and parmesan cheese, and toss to coat.
3. Core and thinly slice the apple and toss with the rest of the lemon juice in a small bowl. Add the apple and any juices to the salad. Top the salad with Flamin' Hot Cheetos crumbs, and serve immediately.