This Magic Boston Clam Chowder recipe will make you get a standing ovation.
Your family is going to love you, even more, when you make this incredible recipe of the famous celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse. This Creamy Boston Clam Chowder is one of the greatest hits that will guarantee you a good review.
If you haven't made a clam chowder at home ever before, don't worry at all. It's very easy to do it and the recipe will pack some star power into your recipe book. First get these ingredients
● 1/2 pound bacon (medium diced)
● 1 cup chopped leeks (about 1 pound)
● 1 cup yellow onions (chopped)
● 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
● 1 carrot (peeled and diced)
● 1 dash salt
● 1 dash pepper
● 3 bay leaves
● 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
● 1/2 cup flour (all-purpose)
● 1 pound white potatoes (peeled and medium-diced)
● 4 cups clam juice
● 2 cups heavy cream
● 2 pounds littleneck clams (shucked and chopped)
● 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- 4 Fresh clamps
- Now let’s do it, follow these instructions and you will be just fine:
- 1. In a heavy stockpot over medium-high heat, render the bacon until crispy (8 minutes).
- 2. Stir in the leeks, onions, celery, and carrots. Sauté for 2 minutes or until the vegetables begin to wilt.
- 3. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Add the bay leaves and thyme. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4. Add the potatoes. Stir in the clam juice. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- 5. Simmer the mixture until the potatoes are fork-tender (about 12 minutes). Add the heavy cream and bring up to a simmer.
- 6. Add the clams and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7. Ladle into shallow bowls and serve. Enjoy!