Your budget is too tight to plan a vacation? There are plenty of great plans you can make without actually spending money. Take a look at these tips and save on your weekend plans!
Although summer is a great season to enjoy nights out and social engagements, it's also a season in which you are more tempted in spending money...and your budget isn't fond of this!
The good news is that you don't have to cancel your social life to stick to your budget. There's no need of spending plenty of money to enjoy your summer weekends, you just need to be creative!
Check these tips and start making budget-friendly weekend plans.
- Picnics: Search for a nice outdoor spot and invite your family or friends to a picnic. You can even add an exploration hike through the area before or after grabbing a bite!
- Zoo days / No-cost museums: If you live near a zoo or a museum, check their websites to see if they have a free-admission day. Most of these sites do! Make sure you show up early because it can get crowded those days.
- Town festivals: During the summer, many towns or cities organize free events, like concerts or festivals. This is a great (and non-cost) opportunity to hang out with your friends and family. Make sure to check the official website to organize your weekend!
- Free-walking tours: Many cities offer free-walking historical tours. It's a great opportunity to learn a bit more about your city or nearby places. Search for "free walking tours" on the internet and get prepared to learn local history!
- Go camping: A budget-friendly weekend plan is to have an outdoor adventure. Bear in mind that some campgrounds may charge fees, so search for no-costs sites. It's also a great opportunity to explore national forests and parks.
- Go hiking: You can combine nature and exercise! Find trails close to you, download the map and begin exploring!