Planning weekend trips tend to mean higher rates of packages or hotels, and probably out of your budget. However, there are great plans that can make it easier for you to stick to your budget.
The great thing about making weekend plans during summer is that you can change the scenery every week and organize different kinds of activities with your family or friends.
Despite the fact that hotels or flights' rates usually are a bit more expensive during weekends, you can find alternative plans to enjoy your weekend and save money simultaneously.
Here are some ideas for a budget-friendly weekend trip:
- Last-minute reservations: Unlike what you may think, waiting until the last minute usually means scoring more competitive prices on flights, hotels or travel packages. Take advantage of social media, follow airlines and hotels, subscribe for newsletters, make your research to find the best offers on weekend trips.
- Secret deals: Some websites offer secret deals on hotels for the weekend. The destination will remain unknown until you make your purchase, but you will probably get great discounts on your reservations.
- Change booking dates: Instead of booking from Friday through Sunday, book Saturday through Monday. The rates will be lower, so consider if you can skip work on Monday and go for a less expensive weekend trip.
- Flexibility: Some weekends are particularly expensive due to festivals or local celebrations, so you should be a bit flexible, book for another weekend and consider a more affordable option.
- Book on a Saturday: Experts suggest that if you want to find trip deals you should definitely look for them on a Saturday. Plan your weekend trip ahead and take advantage of the lower rates.
- Plan road trips: You can save money on weekend trips if you plan road trips! You can go to a city or state nearby, avoiding expensive flights. Road trips can be more spontaneous, you just grab the car and you are on your way to a new adventure!