If you appreciate wine, love the West Coast, and are looking for a new career, Murphy Goode Winery is looking to hire one very lucky person. What year-long job are they offering that’s really too good to be true?
The California wine company, based in the heart of Sonoma wine country, is looking to launch somebody's wine career by offering them mentorship, connections, rent, and an incredible salary for a whole year.
“Calling all wine lovers! This is the dream job for you. We have a job that will instantly catapult you into the wine stratosphere, “says the company’s website.
The company has called the position A Really Goode Job and is looking for a wine lover to move to Sonoma County and turn their passion into a career.
“Announcing the launch of our A Really Goode Job - we're searching for someone just like you! Have you always wanted to live in breathtaking Sonoma Wine Country ... with a $10,000 per month salary, and rent-free for one year? Then we have a dream job for you. Apply Now,” says the post on Instagram
According to the job offer, you must:
• Take life one sip at a time
• Be willing to have your employer pay your rent in Sonoma County specifically in the idyllic town of Healdsburg
• Desire to make a positive impact on each department that you interact with
• Believe you didn’t choose wine; wine chose you
• Answer, “yes, please” when someone asks you “red or white”
Some of the responsibilities and duties you will have are:
• Pivot your career/life to create an adventure of a lifetime in the wine industry
• Acquire strong knowledge of vineyards, winery operations, and wine in general
• Shadow winemaker Dave Ready Jr. and the winemaking team during harvest and assist in winery operations
• Learn the growing and dynamic world of E-commerce
• Work with teams to drive awareness and build demand for Murphy-Goode Winery
• Willingness and excitement to learn about various aspects of the wine industry
• Network and build relationships with employees, trade, and consumers of Murphy-Goode
• Effectively promote Murphy-Goode wines through various channels and
How can you apply?
To be considered for the position, you must upload a video resume that creatively shows why you're the best person for the job before June 30, 2021. You can upload your video and read all the terms here.
All applicants must be at least 21 years old, United States residents, and authorized to work in the US.