After banning Trump, Twitter said plans for January 17 armed protests are circulating

After banning Trump,Twitter said plans for January 17 armed protests are circulating

Despite having had his @realDonaldTrump account permanently suspended by Twitter earlier that same day, President Donald Trump continued tweeting Friday evening using the government-owned @POTUS account. What will happen next between the outgoing president and the social media platform?

After Twitter had permanently suspended his @realDonaldTrump account, "due to the risk of further incitement of violence," Trump tweeted from the US president's official @Potus account suggesting he would "look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the future" and railing against Twitter.

Again, Twitter prevented him from communicating through that account and deleted his tweets.

Makena Kelly, a journalist for The Verge, posted on Twitter this response given to her by a Twitter spokesman:

“As I have been saying for a long time, Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech, and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me,” Trump wrote in a series of tweets that are no longer visible on the social media platform.

The tweets were removed from Twitter almost immediately, but it’s unclear what steps the company took in the handling of the @POTUS account.

Trump's post on @POTUS was deleted without further comment from Twitter, but many users took screenshots before it disappeared

Twitter had specifically noted that Trump’s tweets earlier in the day could be interpreted as supporting rioters and said that plans for future armed protests had begun proliferating on and off of the social media service.

Besides blocking his @realDonaldTrump account permanently and removing posts from the @POTUS account, Twitter has also blocked the @TeamTrump account.

Related Articles

More News

More News