Find out if you have the right skills…
You can earn a $94,000 annual salary as a Senior Power Engineer for Doble Engineering. This position is located in Marlboro, MA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- 7+ years designing switch-mode power supplies.
- Hands on experience with 400V class switching power converters.
- Power topologies including AC-DC (PFC), isolated DC-DC and DC-AC experience.
- Magnetic design and specification including transformers, inductors and filter design.
- Power component selection and specification.
- Analog feedback design and acquisition.
- Knowledge of design for EMC compliance.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and insights on others’ designs.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Ability to independently plan and organize one’s own activities.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to stand, sit, use computers, read, write, type, use fax machines, use copy machines, file paperwork, use telephones, and utilize written and oral communication to interact with clients, co-workers and customers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job. Must be capable of lifting 30 pounds.
- Help bring new technologies into product architectures as solutions to the implementation of requested product functions.
- Innovate new product features based on ability to transform technical possibilities into practical realities.
- Participate in project team meetings.
- Design, troubleshoot, validate 400V class switching power converters, inverters and amplifiers.
- Develop schematics and supervise board layout.
- Maintain existing products including part obsolescence and new feature addition.
- Design for manufacture and compliance including EMI and safety.
- System integration in a team environment.
- Specification and development of board test fixtures.