If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for.
You can earn a $88,000 annual salary as a Director of engineering for The Shay. This position is located in Culver City, CA.
- At least 3 years' experience in a senior role within facility management, preferably in a hotel.
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred.
- Service-oriented style with professional presentations skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Overall maintenance knowledge and troubleshooting ability.
- Skills in painting, HVAC, carpentry, equipment, and tool usage.
- Experience in managing utility systems.
- Prior equipment specifying and purchasing experience preferred.
- Engineering/Facilities Management degree preferred.
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service, and ability to improve the bottom line.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and equipment specific systems.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills.
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- As a newly opened property, the Director of Engineering needs to confer with GM, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, and construction challenges.
- Hire and develop a new team to pro-actively maintain hotel, mixed-use, and apartment facilities.
- Maintaining the exterior of the building, parking lot, and common areas.
- Maintaining all equipment in guest rooms.
- Conducting monthly safety inspections and training the staff on safety and emergency procedures.
- Collaborating and working with vendors.
- Responding to emergencies at any time of day.
- Working with corporate facilities on special remodeling projects or capital expenditure needs.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment.
- Reviewing contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with vendors, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Interpreting and explaining plans and contract terms to colleagues, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations.
- Capable of working with building code officials, planning/zoning officials, and community design committees when required.
- Work closely with Corporate Engineering function.
- Coach and counsel colleagues to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures.
- A valued member of the Hotel Leadership Committee.