If you work from home this can be a great opportunity.
You can earn a $88,000 annual salary as a Project Architect for AIA DC, from the comfort of your home.
- Architectural license.
- LEED accreditation.
- 8-12 years of experience primarily focused on lab planning and design for academic and/or commercial markets.
- Evidence of strong design, organizational, and technical skills.
- Advanced design, visual, and graphic presentation skills, including hand sketching ability.
- Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Bluebeam.
- Experience leading design and documentation efforts on a minimum of three academic and/or commercial lab projects, with at least one $40 million-plus lab project (this project must have been completed in Revit).
- Experience coordination with lab and equipment planners.
- Mature design skills and a fundamental understanding of various construction types resulting in well-thought-out details.
- Ability to foster innovation in design, construction technology, and sustainable design.
- Collaboration skills and ability to work effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and jurisdictions.
- Excellent time management, project planning, and communication skills.
- A minimum of three references, two of which are preferred to have been lab clients.
- Leading design and documentation of laboratory facilities for a range of projects.
- Program development, initiating design concepts, regulatory coordination, and leading development of design and technical aspects of projects through construction documents and construction.
- Organizing, preparing, and presenting design and technical solutions in a client context.
- Developing and maintaining strong client relationships and participating in business development efforts.
- Managing client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination.
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Contribute to office culture, initiatives, and learning programs.