If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for.
You can earn a $86,000 annual salary as an Atmospheric Research Scientist for CoreLogic. This position is located in Boulder, CO.
- Master’s or higher in atmospheric science and at least 5 years of relevant experience in atmospheric science or a Doctorate degree.
- Experience working with NEXRAD radar data and radar-based algorithms, with preference given to candidates with a strong background in dual-pol data processing.
- Academic or research background in topics related to severe weather.
- Innovative problem-solving and analytical skills, with preference given to candidates with working knowledge of machine learning or other advanced statistical methods.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and scripting skills (bash, perl, python) with preference given to candidates with advanced Python experience.
- Advanced understanding of geospatial/georeferenced datasets.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to effectively multi-task, work independently and quickly adapt to new concepts.
- Build and develop leading-edge technologies that power novel algorithms to detect natural hazards such as hail, wind, and tornado footprints.
- Enhance and provide client support and sales support for CoreLogic’s weather verification technologies, including detection algorithms for hail, straight-line winds, tornadoes, and lightning.
- Produce technical documentation covering assigned tasks, and review documentation produced by others.
- Develop and present thought leadership for webinars, client conferences, and external industry and scientific conferences.
- Participate in professional organizations and stay current with latest research and literature. Research best practices. May write white papers or scientific papers on forensic modeling methods and solutions to forensic modeling challenges.
- Act independently as the technical lead and/or project lead with project management responsibilities for a range of model development projects.