If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for.
You can earn a $82,000 annual salary as a Desktop Publisher for NORC at the University of Chicago. This position is located in Chicago, IL.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 years of experience in proposal/document production/desktop publishing is required.
- Extensive knowledge of Section 508 laws and experience creating 508 compliant document.
- Experience working with CommonLook PDF for document remediation preferred.
- Exceptional graphic and visual design and page layout skills including color theory, visual hierarchy and overall best practices.
- A strong understanding of the proposal/publication process, document formatting and assembly, printing and production, and desktop publishing.
- Desktop publishing, organizational, attention to detail, strong page layout skills and ability to take creative direction, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and simultaneously handle a variety of projects and assignments with different team leaders in a professional manner.
- Ability to display a task-oriented outlook.
- Ability to accomplish tasks both collaboratively and autonomously.
- Ability to create, modify, and apply proposal templates.
- Ability to effectively interact with Project Managers, Task Leaders, and Senior Management.
- Ability to think clearly with strategic capacity to sift through complex information and influence the organization on the critical few priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office suite experience including: Excel, Word, Visio, and Access.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Solid understanding of browser and platform capabilities, web design constraints within an MS Windows platform.
- HTML programming experience is preferred.
- Experience with video editing software a big plus.
- Format and remediate text to ensure Section 508 compliance for posting on government websites.
- Work closely with the assigned research or Communications staff and DTP Coordinator to gather proposal response, format and compliance requirements.
- Develop, modify, and maintain document and presentation styles and templates using specific software packages.
- Work closely with authors to incorporate graphics or other visual representations of material into document template(s).
- Manage the document, text, tables and graphics flow during the document production process.
- Perform or assist in final document assembly and production.
- Understand and follow established company proposal and document development processes.
- Establish and maintain document version control for all proposal artifacts.
- Prepare presentations to support business development and marketing initiatives.
- Integrate regulatory, customer, and market information into effective business strategies and plans.