If you work from home this can be a great opportunity.
You can earn a $77,000 annual salary as a Data Operations Support Developer for Blue Shield of California, from the comfort of your home.
- 8+ years of directly related professional experience and strong technical aptitude.
- Solid understanding of data design and structures.
- 4+ years of hands-on working experience in a large enterprise data warehouse/BI environment.
- 4+ years in lead software development and support role (includes training, guidance, technical standards development and enforcement, project delivery responsibilities).
- Core competency must include hands-on application support and design/development in a Unix environment using SQL, Informatica, and Unix Bash shell scripting with proven expertise in writing efficient advanced SQL and Unix shell scripts.
- Must have a working knowledge of Netezza and/or Oracle databases. Oracle SQL, Web Services, RedHat Linux, WebSphere, and MQ desirable.
- Strong problem-solving skills and orientation.
- SDLC with experience in both Waterfall and Agile.
- Experience with data manipulation, reporting, data mining, and analytics tools (SQL, Splunk, Business Objects, etc.).
- Ability to collaborate across multiple IT and Business entities to resolve issues.
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- End-user management skills – good at managing productive user relationships.
- Must be able to think and perform independently with a minimum of direction or supervision and to adapt quickly to shifting and /or competing priorities.
- Experience with release/change management desirable.
- Working knowledge of the Health Care/Insurance Industry systems and business operations a strong plus.
- Bachelors Degree.
The Data Operations L4 Support Developer is responsible for supporting, operations and maintenance of Blue Shield’s mission-critical and business-essential enterprise Data Management and associated systems and components. The primary mission for the Data Operations L4 Support Developer is to assure increasingly reliable and efficient data management and the related applications. Duties include solution design and application development, issue triage and resolution; application implementation and/or system changes, development and maintenance of associated standards, operational procedures and documentation. Tasks may also include daily maintenance, monitoring, and analysis to assure data availability, application performance and capacity.
The Data Operations L4 Support Developer will provide level 4 production support of data systems including application development, issue troubleshooting, root cause analysis, resolution and make recommendations on the use of technology, standards, tools, process improvement, and automation. This position requires collaborating across multiple IT and Business departments and external vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex data and system issues. This role will require performing business and application analysis, formulating solutions to production issues using a variety of application development and monitoring tools as well as experience in a large, complex organization or corporate structure environment.
The Data Operations L4 Support Developer will Instruct, guide, and oversee the work of other technical professionals and consult and make recommendations to management on significant issues.