If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for.
You can earn a $75,000 annual salary as a Writer/Multimedia Journalist for Stony Brook Medicine. This position is located in Stony Brook, NY.
- Bachelor’s Degree (foreign equivalent or higher) in English, Journalism, Communications or related field. Four (4) years of experience reporting, writing, editing, and proofreading materials for publication.
- Experience with news and social media writing styles, including mastery of grammar and AP style. Experience with WordPress, Omni Update or other Content Management System (CMS).
- Experience with Social Media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn. Experience with copywriting for paid advertising.
- Experience using rich media as a driver and a supplement to traditional content coverage, including working through social media to present content and distribute to relevant audiences.
- Samples of writing/editing will be required from candidates brought in for an interview (two-three articles, posts, websites or similar).
- Content Production: Oversee, coordinate and deliver on content creation from conception and completion toward publishing and distribution. Produce content weekly and daily as needed. The Writer/Multimedia Journalist will help determine the appropriate medium for each individual story: text, still photography, audio, video or other multimedia and be ready for web and social distribution.
- Content Searchability: The content development process needs to consider optimizing content for a news site, digital searchability and viral potential as well as coordinating that with channel distribution.
- Cultivating Sources: Interacting and building relationships with college and department writers and communications team members to uncover story opportunities and build and broaden the reach of stories.
- Measuring Effectiveness: Use data to determine the effectiveness of stories hitting the target audiences and channels.
- Event Coverage: Provide coverage of events as needed. Align work with a shared University content calendar and keeping track to make sure your stories and output are aligned with monthly themes.
- Pitch Stories: Generate and bring new and fresh ideas about stories and approaches to coverage that are most user-friendly and shareable. Maintain projects on a shared annual project and content list.
- Copywriting/Editing: Serve as a copywriter and editorial content leader committed to shaping and building stories and other content, such as organic or paid social media posts, advertising and marketing content.
- Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate to rank and departmental mission.