Find out if you have the right skills…
You can earn a $73,000 annual salary as an Outpat Occupational Therapist for Lexington Medical Center. This position is located in Columbia, SC.
- Graduate of an OT program approved by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (or other AOTA endorsed accrediting body) or other educational program which the board considers to be equivalent.
- Current and active Occupational Therapist license by the State of South Carolina.
- CPR Certification.
- Provides direct occupational therapy patient care upon referral by a physician, or advanced practice provider.
- Demonstrates age specific competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for the following patient population:
- Infant (Birth to 1 year).
- Child (1 through 12 years).
- Adolescent (13 years through 17 years).
- Adult (18 years to 65 years).
- Geriatric (over 65 years).
- Evaluates patients using special occupational therapy tests and measurements such as muscle testing, functional tests, range of motion, activities of daily living analysis and orthotics assessment.
- Develops occupational therapy treatment plans.
- Administers occupational therapy treatments, such as upper extremity strengthening and coordination exercises, splint fabrication, sensory integration, pre-vocational skills,and activities of daily living training.
- Documents/records appropriate patient treatment data, such as patient progress notes, evaluation reports and discharge summaries.
- Instructs patients and their families in patient occupational therapy home program.
- Represents the department and exhibits effective communication with the interdisciplinary team.
- Consults with other professionals regarding patients' occupational therapy plan of care.
- Takes orders from physicians' offices and hospital patient care team.
- Schedules patients as needed.
- Represents department in meetings and provides in-service classes to other departments as needed.
- Assist in providing clinical supervision for students.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by authorized personnel or as required in an emergency, e.g. fire or disaster.