If you work from home this can be a great opportunity.
You can earn a $71,000 annual salary as a Senior Editor for Workman Publishing Company, from the comfort of your home.
- Minimum of five years of book publishing experience.
- Passion for and curiosity about all aspects of the publishing business and its future.
- A love for and commitment to independent publishing.
- Excellent conceptual and line-editing abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must be resourceful, proactive, and organized.
- Must be results-driven, with an ability to juggle multiple projects, manage deadlines, and demonstrate follow-through.
- Strong relationships within the publishing industry.
- Strong engagement with the outside world of culture and trends.
- An ability to play nicely with others on a small team and to build relationships internally, across the Algonquin and Workman staff.
- Edit approximately 5-7 titles a year, with an emphasis on nonfiction.
- Read and evaluate submissions.
- Be idea-driven, pursuing projects not just via agents but also developing original books from the ground up.
- Manage a P&L and agent negotiations.
- Take on projects or initiatives as assigned by the publisher/editorial director.
- Help drive backlist development.
- Write and oversee tip sheets, endorsements, and jacket and other copy for your books.
- Work with all relevant departments, production, design, sales, and marketing, as an advocate and troubleshooter for your books.
- Take an active role in presenting and championing the books, and in collaborating with the marketing and publicity team.
- Assist in achieving imprint profit goals.