If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for.
You can earn a $70,000 annual salary as a Contracts Admin Coordinator for the City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County. This position is located in Charlotte, NC.
- Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of related experience.
- Candidates with previous purchasing experience with a government entity and/or services and technology-specific purchasing experience are highly desired.
- Professional certification(s) (i.e. C.C.M., CLGPO, C.P.M, CPPO, and CPPB) is strongly desired.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and seven years of related experience or an Associate’s Degree and five years of experience or a Bachelor’s Degree with three years relevant experience an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential job duties.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with the solicitation and procurement of technology and services, including contract drafting, negotiation, execution, and management.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage more complex or highly technical procurements, including Citywide or cross-departmental projects.
- Requires working knowledge of local, state, federal, and cooperative procurement exemption and contracting methodologies.
- Highly motivated, seasoned professional able to function with minimal supervision and across multiple procurement disciplines, in partnership with all levels of the organization.
- Provides strategic consultation to facilitate procurement and contracting decisions, as well as project planning services, requirements, technical specifications, and scope development for all related projects.
- Performs all procurement efforts utilizing statutory guidelines, policies, procedures, and best business practices.
- Develops solicitation documents and facilitates informal and formal solicitation processes as required.
- Develops and negotiates all contractual documents as may be required.
- Identifies potential risks and solutions for risk mitigation in collaboration with City Legal, Risk Management, Internal Audit, and stakeholders.
- Represents the City in dispute resolutions and works to ensure a strong contractually-guided professional business relationship with all vendors, contractors, service providers, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Acts as a liaison between the City and vendors to ensure the best value contracts to achieve win/win relationships.
- Performs secondary contract administration, monitoring, and reporting as required.
- Takes an active role in applying new, creative technologies, trends, and efforts (E-Procurement, Cooperative Purchasing) to procurements with the goal of keeping these entities at the forefront of best practices.
- Interfaces with the City’s Charlotte Business INClusion Program to ensure participation and inclusion of small businesses in contracting opportunities while also supporting the program where appropriate in outreach and networking activities.