If you work from home this can be a great opportunity.
You can earn a $68,000 annual salary as a Compliance Manager for SUSE, from the comfort of your home if you're on West Coast.
- J.D. or M.B.A. in applicable discipline and 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Other languages such as French or Spanish would be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience with complex negotiations and/or prior experience in the field of software asset management reviews. This experience can be demonstrated in many ways, for example, practice of law for 3-6 years as an attorney, or comparable experience as a professional auditor, or another related field. Prior experience in complex negotiations is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of software contracts, deployment, management, and distribution methodologies, and familiarity with software asset management tools.
- Commercial drive: demonstrated experience generating revenue; and a desire to contribute to the company’s bottom line.
- Understanding of common software licensing terms, contract terms and Intellectual Property Law in relation to software and software licensing.
- Mastery of organizational and project management techniques.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accountability.
- Exceptional communication capabilities, written and verbal (a writing demonstration will be required for selected candidates).
- Project management skills to ensure timely completion of engagements and balance 50-100 matters.
- Develop a strong relationship with the Compliance team and across the SUSE organization.
- A high degree of proficiency in office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity and business judgment.
- Some travel may be required.
- Interpret complex subscription agreements and analyze a customer’s use of the software based on these agreements.
- Work closely with an experienced team of entitlement analysts and technical audit experts, to ensure accurate and efficient data collection and analysis.
- Design appropriate remedies that foster a positive ongoing relationship with customers while protecting SUSE’ intellectual property and contract rights.
- Identify and engage with the appropriate level of stakeholder within a customers’ organizations, including up to C-level, to ensure the process is consistent with software agreements and company objectives.
- Operate with respect and confidence to set suitable negotiation strategies.
- Provide regular updates to management and relevant stakeholders inside SUSE.
- Identify and assess compliance risk.