Find out if you have the right skills…
You can earn a $67,000 annual salary as a Shackler for Prestage Foods. This position is located in Eagle Grove, IA.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to internal and external customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand in place; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel, push, and pull; reach with hands and arms; climb up and down stairs; work on the platform; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may be required to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in areas where pork is harvested which may include bloody areas and handling raw meat.
- Work in a fast pace area where the task may require a repetition with the use of tools such as knives, saws, and wizard knives.
- Work in areas where you may be required to operate the equipment.
- Work in different work stations as production or supervisor needs require.
- Maintains internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) and scorecards to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure USDA regulatory compliance, HACCP, SSOP, SOP, GMP, and SQF program quality, and safety.
- Advocate and maintain a strong commitment to safety in the operating process including but not limited to: PPE, preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions, Lockout-Tag out procedures, and Process Safety Management related matters.