If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for.
You can earn a $65,000 annual salary as a Security Analyst for Anexinet. This position is located in Blue Bell, PA.
- This position requires 1-3 years of Security Operations Center (SOC) experience or equivalent schooling with a focus on Cybersecurity/Information Assurance.
- Associate’s degree or Certification in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Communications, Psychology, or another tech-related discipline.
- 24×7 SOC experience and/or experience working with or for an MSSP.
- Programming/shell scripting experience highly desirable (PERL, Python, Java, shell scripts, PowerShell, etc.)
- Deep packet and log analysis, cyber threat, intelligence gathering and analysis.
- Prior computer forensics experience strongly and Malware Analysis strongly desired.
- Prior experience in either system or network administrator role.
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux and Cisco operating systems and information security.
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and SIEM technologies; SumoLogic, Snort, McAfee EPO, Carbon Black, Splunk, Endpoint AntiVirus (Symantec, McAfee, SentinelOne, AMP), Firewalls, open-source security tools preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, good organization, decision making, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision and think outside of the box when the need arises.
- Industry-adopted security certifications such as, but not limited to Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), EC-ECIH, EC-CEH, Cisco CCNA/CCNP Security or any of the GIAC Security Certifications including GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GPPA, CMON, GCED, Microsoft MCSE.
- Provide first and second level technical resolution for security alerts and SOC service requests.
- Use open-source traffic analysis tools to identify signs of an intrusion.
- Maintains records of security monitoring and incident response activities, utilizing case management and ticketing technologies.
- Monitors and analyzes Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Knowledge of creating Security Information Event Management (SIEM) tool rules.
- Analyze network traffic, log analysis, prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
- Keep current with the threat landscape, identify vulnerabilities, and risk while supporting real-time security monitoring operations.
- Proactively monitor and look for potential flaws in client infrastructure pertaining to the services provided and make recommendations to reduce the risk/impact of similar future problems.
- Manage, escalate and drive satisfactory resolution of customer’s technical support, service and infrastructure teams to address issues.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills that contribute towards the resolution of any issues that arise.
- Document solutions, process, or procedures and present in a written document, verbally on the phone, or in person.