If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for.
You can earn a $64,000 annual salary as an IT PROFESSIONAL for the City of Houston. This position is located in Houston, TX.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems (MIS) or a closely related field.
- Information systems-specific technical certifications may be substituted for 1 year of either the education or the experience requirement, as applicable.
- Related professional Information Systems experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- At least five (5) years of technology experience supporting IT applications.
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Management and Information Systems (MIS) or a closely related field may be substituted for two years of the experience requirement.
The IT Professional – Applications (ERP-FICO) position is essential as it is responsible for a variety of essential City accounting in SAP FICO and third-party systems in order to support, design, and configure the City’s Financial system of record, SAP, for accounts payable (AP), accounts receivables (AR) and Sales and Distribution (SD). Therefore, HITS must fill this vacancy to ensure COH can adequately support our COH departments with their core finance and accounting needs in the areas of, e.g., AP, AR, SD, Billing, etc. This role supports the City’s daily operational financial processing including, but not limited to, fiscal year end (FYE), annual budget transition, AP/AR, Billing, interfaces, etc. This critical role serves as an expert resource moving the City forward with a complete understanding of SAP and finance and accounting, financial impact awareness, project management, and effective service delivery. The IT Professional Applications (SAP) also aligns with the HITS roadmap to move SAP into the future, thus providing opportunities for financial stabilization and transformation across the organization and preserves organization alignment in today’s unique, ever changing, fast-paced conditions.