If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for.
You can earn a $64,000 annual salary as an Administrative Assistant for the City of San Jose. This position is located in San Jose, CA.
- Education: Completion of high school or equivalent (General Education Development (GED) Test or California Proficiency Certificate).
- Experience: Six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in clerical and secretarial work, including two (2) years providing individual support to an executive.
- Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San José will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor.
- Anticipating the needs for a Director level position.
- Understanding the ‘sense of urgency’ in an Executive Office.
- Arranging and coordinating the calendar of the Director of Housing.
- Maintaining liaison functions with the administrative staff from the City Manager, Mayor and City Council offices.
- Tracking assignments on behalf of the Director of Housing and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Interacting with management and executive level staff to follow-up on assignments.
- Coordinating multiple Executive Team calendars.
- May supervise administrative support staff with the goal of providing assistance to the Department’s Leadership Team and administrative operations.
- Editing, composing, and preparing correspondence, memorandums, presentation materials, and other documents and work products.
- Managing the process for submitting, monitoring, and tracking memos for City Council and Council committee agendas.
- Establishing and maintaining various filing and records management systems.
- Experience using computer applications including MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, FileMaker Pro, and MS Excel.
- Handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing and developing a network within the City to enhance communication and job performance.
- Multi-tasking effectively and under possibly stressful time constraints.
- Working in a team environment with a diverse staff, as well as gaining support and cooperation with peers.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.