Find out if you have the right skills…
You can earn a $62,000 annual salary as a Sourcing Consultant for IBM. This position is located in New York.
- A minimum of 7 years of strategic sourcing experience, with 4+ years sourcing corporate and professional services.
- Extensive experience sourcing corporate services such as: contingent workforce, consulting services, financial services, legal services, recruitment services, relocation, HR services, and training.
- Excellent influencing and change management skills.
- Ability to Travel 75% of the time.
- Prefer previous experience in a client facing / consultative role.
- Develops category strategies for the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Build relationships with client stakeholders such that Sourcing Consultant can demonstrate value in continued engagement, can challenge the client stakeholders when fruitful, and can bring additional subject matter expertise.
- Communicates effectively across multiple levels of the business.
- Identifies cost savings opportunities across the client’s Corporate/Professional Services spend.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and SME in the areas of sourcing and negotiating contracts for a wide range of Corporate/Professional Services.
- Achieve cost savings, risk mitigation, and process efficiencies through various value levers.
- Lead supplier selection process across multiple subsets of the category, with various scope and client stakeholder groups. Recommend sources of supply from diversity, disadvantaged and small business where applicable.
- Lead negotiations with current and potential suppliers as part of the contract renewal or vendor selection process.
- Collect and analyze internal/external category data, metrics, and reports to track performance against targets.
- Ability to analyze multiple data sets to identify opportunities and category insights.
- Participate in category councils and business reviews to support collaboration, knowledge sharing, opportunity identification, and overall relationship development.
- Innovate within the procurement space; look at new ways to structure programs or categories, benefit from changes in supply market, or modify tools/processes to add value.
- Provide support throughout the sourcing and contracting process when necessary, ensuring seamless hand off to our clients when appropriate.