If you have a professional profile, this can be just what you're looking for
You can earn a $61,106 annual salary as a Transportation Security Specialist, this position is located in Madison, WI.
Conditions of Employment:
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening AND random drug/alcohol testing.
- You must submit a Bomb Disposal Graduation/Certification certificate.
- Selective Service registration is required.
There's more information about the qualifications here.
- Serving as a key component of a multi-layered security approach.
- Applying experience and technical knowledge of explosives to assess threats.
- Educating the screening workforce in the detection of threats.
- Supporting explosive vulnerability assessments in all modes of transportation.
- Responding to and assessing all unresolved checkpoints and checked baggage alarms involving possible explosives, IED components, or actual IEDs, rendering a final decision on alarm resolution.
- Assessing the interrelationships between initiators, power supplies, and chemicals. Determining if devices are improvised explosives, commercial explosives, or mixed explosives (fuel mixtures).
- Deploying in support of risk mitigation efforts to deter, detect, and prevent the introduction of IEDs, IED components, or other deadly or dangerous items into the airport environment.
- Participating with evaluation teams in conducting covert drills to determine the effectiveness of the training programs, recommending individuals remediation, and identifying potential security vulnerabilities.
- Mentoring and training the front line screening workforce to increase their operational knowledge of explosives and IED components.