If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for.
You can earn a $61,000 annual salary as a Professional Programmer Analyst for DXC. This position is located in Connecticut.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in programming or testing.
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software.
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software.
- Basic programming skills.
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members.
- Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs. Assists in the modification of company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
- Gathers information from the system, analyzes program and time requirements, and prepares documentation to change existing programs.
- Researches and analyzes existing systems and program requirements, under periodic supervision.
- Design programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
- Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs. Identifies issues as appropriate.
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.