If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for.
You can earn a $56,000 annual salary as an Associate Professional Writer for Gainwell Technologies. This position is located in Madison, WI.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, technical writing, or related field preferred.
- Three or more years of technical writing experience.
- Experience working with desktop publishing, word processing, and on-line documentation software.
- Experience working with industry writing styles such as grammar, sentence form, and structure.
- Experience working with company software products.
- Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads more complex technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, and specifications to provide clients with information regarding technical areas in a less technical way.
- Assists in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations to meet business needs.
- Interviews programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel; reads previous documentation and design notes, and uses computer-based training or company technical products to gather and research technical information for use in more complex documentation.
- Writes, organizes, enters, and compiles more complex online help files to support end-users.
- Creates, compiles, and delivers more complex system/software developmental documentation packages including, but not limited to narratives, logic diagrams, input and output samples, input preparation instructions, job setup information, etc., from technical project team inputs, system requirements analysis, system design specifications, technical system design, technical procedure development, configuration control requirements, test and training specifications, and programming notes.
- Assists in creating a project plan, etc. for completing documentation.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.