If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for.
You can earn a $55,000 annual salary as a R&D Test Laboratory Specialist for CRH. This position is located in Terrell, TX.
- Technical training or education in Architecture, Construction, Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Architectural Engineering, preferred.
- Organizational and project management skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented and able to perform all assigned tasks with minimal supervision Strong oral and written communication skills for professional interaction and communication with the project team.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar drafting/modeling program.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- General construction/carpentry knowledge and experience using power tools.
- Previous metal fabrication and/or construction experience preferred.
- Welding experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and understand test standards and specifications (AAMA, ASTM, etc.)
- Regular and predictable attendance; safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job.
- Willing to complete additional training as required.
- FGIA Fenestration Associate Certification is required or willing to obtain certification within one year of hire.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
- Must be able and willing to work at heights.
- Ability to climb stairs, bend, crawl, reach overhead, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work in temperatures consistent with the same outdoor climate conditions of the region (heat, humidity, etc.).
Engineering Support Activities:
- Prepare material takeoffs and order materials for test mock-ups.
- Review test drawings for accuracy and request corrections as needed.
- Prepare professionally written technical reports for internal testing and review third party test reports.
- Maintain a database summarizing the results of Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope’s Standard Products’ test reports.
- Sort, rename, organize, and update R&D electronic files in preparation for the migration of R&D’s files to Autodesk Vault.
Testing, Fabrication, Installation, and Glazing Job Duties:
- Perform inspection of test materials (glass, metal, gaskets, etc.) against quality standards.
- Fabricate, install, and glaze mock-ups based on architectural drawings.
- Setup, perform, and document results from internal testing including but not limited to tensile, air infiltration, water infiltration, structural load, impact, and cyclic testing.
- Read and fully understand test standards and specifications.