If you work from home this can be a great opportunity.
You can earn a $54,000 annual salary as a Copywriter for thredUP, from the comfort of your home.
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Communication, Writing, Journalism, English or similar concentrations.
- Portfolio of successful retail, advertising, and editorial work.
- Proven track record of writing a variety of content for the web, including short-form, long-form, and/or video content.
- Firm knowledge of the digital platform and channel limitations and how ideas translate across those platforms and channels.
- Strong understanding of information hierarchy as it relates to content strategy.
- Loves to see their writing generate measurable e-commerce results: improved conversion, increased site visits, the volume of engagement (likes, comments, shares).
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and comfort working independently as well as in a large-scale team environment Positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Clarity, grammar, and punctuation.
- Please attach your portfolio for us to peek at!
- Write editorial copy and develop creative concepts around secondhand fashion and thrifting for the site, email, social,and direct response marketing.
- Partner with Brand, Retention, Growth, and UX to plan and write web digital content for our customers.
- Deliver the highest possible level of original, engaging digital content in a timely mannerResearch, learn, and absorb all relevant industry topics and trends: secondhand, fashion, commerce, tech, social, and retail.
- Understand when copy should be editorial and creative versus when it should be functional to provide the best chance of the user successfully completing critical tasks.
- Maintain copy consistency within a category or brand.
- Research products to write within our brand’s voice for a general audienceStandardize online content and write without repetition or redundancy.
- Edit and proofread all copy for accuracy.