If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for
You can earn a $46,845 annual salary as a Teacher for DoDEA Virtual High School. This position is located in Quantico, VA.
Conditions of Employment:
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Requirement.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Two year trial period may be required.
- Appointment subject to a suitability/fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
- This position requires a Tier 1 (T1) investigation with Childcare Checks since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age.
- You may be required to sign a transportation agreement.
- You will be required to sign a mobility agreement, be available for worldwide placement, and be willing to rotate to any DoDDS or DDESS location.
- Individuals hired from the Continental United States (CONUS) and their family members (who are US citizens) are required to obtain Official Passports prior to departure to the overseas area.
- Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens'
- The applicant must have at least a Bachelor's Degree.
- Teacher, English - A major in English or a minimum of 30 SH in English. A maximum of 5 SH in speech and/or journalism may be counted toward meeting this requirement. Course work must include English literature, American literature, the teaching of composition (writing process), and a minimum of 12 SH in upper-level English courses.
- Teacher, Computer Science - A major in computer science, a minimum of 18 SH in computer science or 12 SH in computer science with additional qualification as a teacher of mathematics, science, or business is required. Course work must include programming languages such as JAVA, C++, VISUAL BASIC or other equivalent computer programming course work.
- Teacher, General Science - A major in general science or a minimum of 30 SH in the field of science is required. Course work must include a minimum of 12 SH of upper-level science courses. Applicants must also be certified in either Physics or Chemistry.
- Physics - A major in physics or a minimum of 30 SH in the field of science is required. Course work must include a minimum of 12 SH in physics and a minimum of 12 SH of upper-level courses in science.
- Chemistry - A major in chemistry or a minimum of 30 SH in the field of science is required. Course work must include a minimum of 12 SH in chemistry and a minimum of 12 SH of upper-level courses in science.
- Teacher, Spanish - A major in a foreign language or a minimum of 30 SH of foreign language course work in the subject area for which applying is required. A minimum of 12 SH of upper-level foreign language course work is required.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
- Teaches specific courseware via the Schoology Learning Management System (LMS) to students participating in online learning.
- Monitors, tracks and evaluates student progress. Notifies DVHS administrators and the DVHS PPS department of any student progress issues.
- Works collaboratively and communicates regularly with appropriate staff, students, sponsors, and administrators.
- Supports, counsels, and motivates students to meet or exceed grade-level standards.
- Creates a positive learning environment and establishes a good rapport with students and stakeholders.
- Collaborates with other educators in required weekly digital learning communities (DLCs) to exchange ideas and utilize best practices for online learning.
- Personalizes instruction based on student needs.
- Coordinates with Special Education and English Second Language staff to provide accommodations and/or modifications for students.
- Utilizes synchronous tools to provide same-time support for students.
- Uses multimedia technology to reteach or enhance courseware based upon student needs.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Experience in teaching online or blended courses.
- Experience working with a Learning Management System (e.g. Schoology, Blackboard, etc.)
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Google Applications for Education, and multimedia applications.
Click here to see more information.