If you have a professional profile this can be just what you're looking for
You can earn a $45,000 annual salary as an Editorial Assistant for Backstage. This position is located in New York, NY.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented.
- Must be available Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Must be organized.
- Bonus Experience.
- Coursework in journalism, film, television and/or theater.
- Experience pitching/cold-calling/cold-emailing subjects.
- Experience working with a CMS.
- Experience with interviewing subjects.
- Multimedia or photography experience.
- Experience with analytics (Google Analysis and/or Parse.ly).
- Previous editorial experience (academic or at another publication or e-commerce company).
- Weekly upload of the entire print issue to the web (this is the most important).
- Ongoing writing assignments.
- Transcribing interviews.
- Fact-checking industry articles.
- Researching industry contacts.
- Photoshoot on-site assistance (depending on experience).
- Other project management.
- Other administrative tasks as needed, such as completing weekly editorial reports.
- Training provided.
- Sitting in on weekly editorial pitch meetings and observing the inner workings of a small, dynamic content team.
- Working one-on-one with editors on the team to learn about their field of specialty.
- Training in tools used to create daily web content and a weekly print magazine: proofing, backend CMS tools, etc.
Click here to see more information.