Find out if you have the right skills…
You can earn a $42,000 annual salary as a Surgical Technician for Guthrie Healthcare System. This position is located in Corning, NY.
- License: CPR / AED Certification.
- Has completed a nationally accredited educational program for surgical technologists and holds and maintains a certified surgical technologist credential administered by a nationally accredited surgical technologist credentialing organization.
- Has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the United States Army, Navy, Air Force Marine Corps, Coast Guard, or Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.
- Provides evidence that the person was employed as a surgical technologist in a healthcare facility for a cumulative period of one year, occurring within the four years immediately prior to January 1, 2015; or
- Is in the service of the federal government, to the extent the person is performing duties related to that service.
Participates in surgical procedures, assists the registered nurse in-patient care, maintains aseptic technique, and prepares sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment. Anticipates the needs of the surgeon as required.