If you work from home this can be a great opportunity.
You can earn a $42,000 annual salary as a Proofreader for Evoke Health, from the comfort of your home.
- At least 3 years of specific proofreading experience in an agency environment (healthcare/pharma preferred) reviewing both interactive and print work.
- Must be computer literate. Must be able to mark up changes using Adobe Acrobat tools, as well as work in word documents. Should possess a basic understanding of proofreader symbols for marking up by hand on occasion.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, writing, or associated field is preferred.
- An exceptional eye for detail.
- Superior knowledge of the English language, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Advanced knowledge of AMA style.
- The motivation to work on their own, manage changing priorities, and to meet deadlines.
- An ability to stay focused throughout an entire document, which may be long and technical.
- Good judgment and the ability to determine which changes are necessary.
- Familiarity with the production process for both online and offline materials.
- An ability to work within the style of the creative and brand.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build working relationships; ability to negotiate delivery times due to competing deadlines.
- A proofreader may be asked to perform a clean read of a manuscript or to make sure the manuscript matches approved materials, a set of changes, or a previous submission. They may also be asked to do a side-by-side comparison to make sure that tech builds to match the final creative. The proofreader will need to be experienced reviewing both digital (interactive) and print pieces, and marking up materials electronically and occasionally by hand.
- Performs line-editing and proofreading, checking for formatting consistency, grammatical accuracy, and spelling errors.
- Checks for adherence to AMA style and/or brand editorial style guides.
- Ensures all final copy and design match approved job.
- Confirms pages are logically arranged and exist in their entirety.
- Assesses design elements (eg, borders aren’t blurred, alignment isn’t off).
- Ensures page numbers and headings are correct and the casing style of heads and subheads is consistent throughout.
- Verifies photos and illustrations are correctly captioned.