Find out if you have the right skills…
You can earn a $41,000 annual salary as a Digital Communications Specialist for the Public Health Institute. This position is remote.
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, marketing/business administration, public health, or related field or an additional 4 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated professional experience with, Linked In, Facebook and Linked In advertising; Google AdWords for NonProfits; and other digital tools such as HootSuite, Click to Tweet.
- Mailchimp and WordPress experience preferred.
- Experience in public health or health policy strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to health equity, racial and social justice messaging and content creation preferred.
- Must have a creative, collaborative and problem-solving approach to work.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong commitment to customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Access and ability to conduct internet for research.
- Some travel may be required.
Digital media and content dissemination:
- Maintain PHI’s social media presence, including, and LinkedIn, including maintenance of scheduled postings, click-to-tweets, etc.
- Find and recommend news and other digital content that represents PHI’s voice, brand, and identity.
- Contribute to the development of content for PHI digital, press, and print collateral, including curating and editing staff and program submissions, and writing original content.
- Utilize current communications channels to increase dissemination of and engagement with PHI messages, campaigns, collateral, and products.
- Participate in the development and creation of digital products to increase PHI’s online visibility, such as shareable images, infographics, videos, and ads.
- Maintain PHI’s Google AdWords account, keeping ads above 5% required click-through rate.
Website and EMS Development and Maintenance:
- Maintain the PHI website by collecting and uploading content and images using a WordPress backend content management system (CMS), updating existing information, and soliciting and editing content from PHI staff.
- Along with communications team; upload and format content to internal- and external-facing email newsletters using Mailchimp; write and coordinate e-mailings and monitor reports.
Click here to see more information.
Click here to see another job.