Find out if you have the right skills...
You can make $20 an hour as a Greenhouse Assistant for Corteva. This position is located in Waimea, HI.
- You have your High School Diploma or GED.
- You work well with all people and have strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to develop and maintain an effective relationship.
- When problems happen, you see them as an opportunity to find and implement solutions.
- You are organized and know how to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Working hard is no problem for you and you have the ability and willingness to lift at least 30 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You are a team player and are eager and willing to help in other departments and areas.
- You understand that serving our customers effectively keeps our business viable and gives us job security, so you are able and willing to work overtime, extended hours, weekends, holidays, etc. during peak periods to meet business goals.
- Daily greenhouse plant care, including pollinating, transplanting, watering, harvesting and seed handling for corn, soybean and other crops.
- Punch or cut and store small samples of plant tissue and delivery for laboratory analysis. Carefully maintain sample identity for thousands of samples at a time while maintaining proper storage conditions.
- Size small corn embryos within seeds, determine appropriate size embryos for lab needs, package sized ears for delivery, and delivery of material to labs.
- Perform routine greenhouse sanitation tasks like discarding regulated material, destroying waste, cleaning pots/containers, and cleaning and sanitizing rooms.
- Evaluate the size range of corn embryo material and decide the appropriate distribution of ears based on variable lab requirements.
- Note unusual or abnormal plant growth characteristics and report to growers for troubleshooting.
- Decide priority of daily work activities within tight timelines.
- Make good decisions on the use of resources and time management.
Click here to see more information.