Find out if you have the right skills...
You can make $12,21 an hour as a Child and Youth Program Assistant, and it is located in Eglin AFB, Child Development Centers and Youth Programs. It is open until June 18.
- This position requires satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks in accordance with Air Force and DoD policy, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation.
- This position has been identified as a Test Designated Position (TDP). The incumbent of this position will be subject to and must consent to a pre-employment and random drug testing.
- This position has physical lifting requirements which require the incumbent to complete a favorable pre-employment physical.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to obtain, maintain, and provide evidence of current immunizations this includes annual influenza vaccinations and be free of all communicable diseases.
- This position requires the incumbent to complete assigned training, to include Food Handlers certification, within a specified time from date hire or assignment to the position.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ALL LEVELS):
The incumbent will serve as a Child and Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) in one or more child and youth programs and will be accountable for the whereabouts and safety of children and youth. Provides care/supervision, oversight and accountability for program participants. Assists in preparing age-appropriate activities; supervises children and youth during indoor and outdoor activities, on field trips, outings and special events; arranges and serves snacks/meals. Executes work in accordance with policies and regulations. May be required to transport children in government vehicles.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (TARGET LEVEL):
Coordinates and conducts activities for children and/or youth ranging in age from 6 weeks to 18 years. It creates an environment that welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Implements program options for children and youth with special requirements. Demonstrates, instructs, leads and facilitates planned and spontaneous program activities. Briefs staff, management, and parents on activities. Conducts inventory on equipment and supplies.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL):
Assists in planning, coordinating and conducting activities for program participants. It creates an environment that welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Implements daily schedules and activity plans to ensure age/stage appropriateness. Briefs staff, management, and parents on activities. Conducts inventory on equipment and supplies.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT (ENTRY LEVEL):
Performs simple routine tasks following step-by-step instructions. Assists in providing planned activities using prepared curriculum and program materials. It creates an environment that welcomes participant interest and promotes positive interactions. Generates a list of needed supplies and equipment. Attends to the physical needs of the children, as applicable.
Click here for more information.