His net worth is $770 million. His financial ventures include the deal that Beats Electronics made with Apple Inc. for $3 billion.
Dr. Dre is considered to be one of the most successful producers, having produced some of the biggest hip-hop hits of all times, like 50 Cent’s In Da Club, Eminem’s My Name Is and his own Still D.R.E.
He rose to fame in 1987 with the controversial group N.W.A., alongside Eazy-E, Ice Cube, MC Ren, Arabian Prince and DJ Yella. After the group disbanded, Dre founded his own record label, Death Row Records, that helped him become friends with Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg. Before kickstarting Eminem and 50 Cent’s careers, he released his debut album, 2001, which sold over 10 million copies.
Part of his business ventures include Beats Electronics that was acquired by Apple Inc. for the incredible amount of $3 billion. But Dre’s net worth of $770 million does not come only from this deal.
Here are some reasons why Dr. Dre is one of the richest entrepreneurs of the hip-hop music industry:
1) He was part of N.W.A., a group that rose to fame in 1987.
2) He was a co-founder of Beats Electronics, acquired by Apple Inc. for $3 billion
3) He produced some of the biggest rap songs of all times
4) He founded a new record label, Aftermath Entertainment, in 1996
5) He helped turned Eminem into a superstar when he signed him to Aftermath Entertainment
6) He was co-owner of Death Row Records, which pulled a whopping $100 million a year at its peak, even without having a huge roster of artists.
7) He produced some of Tupac’s biggest songs. For his diamond-selling album, All Eyez On Me, Dr. Dre produced Can’t C Me and California Love.
8) He was the executive producer of 50 Cent’s highest-selling album, Get Rich or Die Tryin’.
9) He purchased Tom Brady’s $40 million Brentwood mansion (and he owns a lot more real estate in LA)
10) He continues to produce for artists up to this day, despite being better known as an entrepreneur.