Learn how to make Taco Bell's most famous appetizers and save money on the way.
Quesadillas are universally loved. Nobody can resist their crunchy tortilla and the cheesy filling.
Hungry? Let's cook!
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. juice from a jar of pickled jalapeños
- 3 tbsp. minced pickled jalapeños
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- Kosher salt
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 4 c. shredded chicken
- 2 c. shredded Monterey Jack
- 12 slices American (or cheddar) cheese
- Make the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together mayo, jalapeño juice, minced jalapeños, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne. Season with kosher salt.
- To another medium bowl, add chicken. Toss chicken with half of the quesadilla sauce. Set the rest aside for dipping.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a flour tortilla. Top with 2 slices of American cheese and ½ cup chicken, then sprinkle with ½ cup Monterey Jack. Place the second tortilla on top. Cook until the bottom tortilla is golden, about 2 minutes, then flip and cook until the second tortilla is golden and the cheese has melted about 2 more minutes.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more quesadillas. Slice into wedges and serve warm with remaining sauce for dipping.