"These delicious, delightful, and moist pumpkin cakes are filled with all your favorite fall spices have a layer of cream cheese frosting inside, and just so happen to look like little pumpkins!"
About the video:
"How to make Pumpkin Cakes
I thought these would be really cute as part of a centerpiece at dinner mixed in with real pumpkins and Autumn leaves. Dessert could be right in front of you without you having any idea.
Let me know what you think in the comments!
You can follow me on Insta @preppykitchen"
Tips for amazing Pumpkin Cake
- I used real pumpkin stems for these cakes to give the most realistic appearance. I just bought a “Cinderella” pumpkin because they have a long stem then cut a few segments off with some garden clippers.
- You could also make the stems from some fondant or thick buttercream, but it wouldn’t look quite as real and takes more time.
- The KEY to decorating these cakes is to chill them after you apply and smooth the buttercream. Once chilled you can do some sculpting and then chill again if the cake softens up too much.
- The best shaping tool I can recommend is a yogurt container you cut into half circles and rounded points. These pieces will flex and give you better control when shaping and smoothing the pumpkins.
- Measure your flour correctly! Adding too much flour to the recipe is the most common mistake. The best, and easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you don’t have one then fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- After you cover your cakes in buttercream, I recommend chilling them in the fridge for about 20 minutes so they will be easier to sculpt. If you’re making a bunch of them you can have a little assembly line going with cakes coming into and out of the fridge.
You can see the full recipe here: https://preppykitchen.com/pumpkin-min...
If you want to see more Preppy Kitchen videos, here's the YouTube Channel.