Shake Shack started out as a single food cart in New York, but they soon became an international phenomenon. If you’ve ever eaten there, it’s easy to understand why.
Shake Shack is so popular that there’s always a lot of people in line, waiting to get their meals. And they are not cheap. If you want to save some time and money, you can make your own Sloppy Joes.
In order to recreate the original Shake Shack Sloppy Joes, you will need to assemble it as follows:
Here’s the recipe, it yields 4 servings:
• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 4 Martin's Sandwich Potato Rolls
• 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
• 8 slices tomato
• 4 slices American cheese
• 3/4 cup Shake Shack sauce
• vegetable oil
• Brown your ground beef halfway, about 3-4 minutes, in your large skillet. Then mix in salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
• Cook the beef until fully browned, about 3-4 minutes.
• Turn off the heat then mix in 1/2 cup of the Shake Shack sauce.
• Serve on Potato Rolls with cheese, tomato, lettuce, and remaining Shake Shack sauce
Here’s how to make your own Shake Shack sauce
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon ketchup
• 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
• 4 slices kosher dill pickle, finely chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• pinch cayenne pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
2. If you want your sauce to have a smooth texture, you can blend it in the food processor for 5-10 seconds.
3. Store in a sealed airtight container in the refrigerator.