Why spend money on things you can make at home, right?
So, if you are a vegan on a budget, you already know that some plant-based milk might be just a tiny bit expensive. And, let's be honest: morning coffee is just not the same without a little foam. So, if you are up for it, you can make your own oat milk for a fraction of the price! It is actually quite simple, check it out:
About the video:
"DIY oat milk using enzymes that create a creamier and sweeter milk than your standard homemade oat milk. It is actually pretty easy!!
- Links and Sources -
Cooking Thermometer: https://amzn.to/3ktGBER
Great Nut Milk Bag: https://amzn.to/2H2kaZV
Mellow Yellow Turmeric Drink Mix: https://amzn.to/36AybH1
(Not cheap but has lasted me 6 months so far)
Sauce Stache Video: https://youtu.be/Wb1UL2XTSM0
Watch me blend a sticker in my pizza video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3cZ5...
Support Me Here: https://www.patreon.com/micthevegan
My Cookbook: https://micthevegan.com/product/mics-...
https://www.instagram.com/micthevegan - @micthevegan
TIY Tiny House Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYht...
My New Newsletter Sign-Up:
1. Add 1 cup rolled oats, 4 cups water, 1 enzyme capsule, and 1 tsp vanilla extract to blender and blend for 20-30 seconds.
2. Heat in pot to 145 F (63 C) and let sit for 15 minute while stirring regularly (Optional flash boil at end to deactivate enzymes).
3. Strain contents in nut milk bag or 4-6 layers of cheesecloth AND DRINK!
4. BARISTA ONLY: Place contents back in blender. Slowly add lecithin, oil, xanthan gum, and baking powder while blending on low (Dividing batch into 2 may be necessary for mixing depending on blender size).
- 1 CUP ROLLED OATS
- 4 CUPS WATER
- 1 DIGESTIVE ENZYME PILL (~8,000 DU OF AMYLASE)
- 1 TSP VANILLA EXTRACT
BARISTA EXPANSION PACK:
- 3 g or 1.5 TSP SOY LECITHIN
- 1 g or 0.5 TSP XANTHAN GUM
- 23 g or 1.75 TBSP OIL
- 1/8 TSP BAKING POWDER
Note: A recent commenter made me realize that the quality of my content won't suffer if I do affiliate links for products I am already talking about. Let me know if you feel otherwise. If you can safely buy these products from other sources I encourage you do so.
Disclaimer: Mic the Vegan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.”
Intro/Outro Song: Sedução Momentânea by Roulet: