This delicious meal is everyone’s favorite. Good news is you no longer need to spend your money if you want to have a taste. You can make it at home!
Inspired by TGI Friday’s Loaded Potato Skins, here’s a recipe that will help you master your potato skins game, saving money and time in between.
• 4 large baking potatoes, baked
• 3 tablespoons canola oil
• 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
• 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 4 green onions, sliced
• Preheat oven to 475°. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use). Place potato skins on a greased baking sheet.
• Combine oil with the next 5 ingredients; brush over both sides of skins.
• Bake until crisp, about 7 minutes on each side. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Bake until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes longer. Top with sour cream and onions. Serve immediately.
A quick note about the cheese:
In Europe, Parmigiano-Reggiano and Parmesan are considered the same cheese. But in the U.S., Parmesan is a generic term that may not come from Italy’s Parmigiano-Reggiano region. Using the authentic Italian cheese (in a lesser amount than the original’s ½ cup) ensures a cheesy richness in the makeover with less fat and calories.