Three delicious and cheap copycat recipes for you to enjoy while saving tons of money!
In this article, you will learn how to make Taco Bell, KFC & Sloppy Joe's recipes in your home!
SHAKE SHACK SLOPPY JOE'S
Shake Shack is so popular that there’s always a lot of people in line, waiting to get their meals. And they are not cheap. If you want to save some time and money, you can make your own Sloppy Joes.
In order to recreate the original Shake Shack Sloppy Joes, you will need to assemble it as follows:
1. Bottom bun
3. American cheese
5. Butter lettuce
6. Shake sauce
7. Top bun
Here’s the recipe, it yields 4 servings:
• 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 4 Martin's Sandwich Potato Rolls
• 4 leaves green leaf lettuce
• 8 slices tomato
• 4 slices American cheese
• 3/4 cup Shake Shack sauce
• vegetable oil
• Brown your ground beef halfway, about 3-4 minutes, in your large skillet. Then mix in salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
• Cook the beef until fully browned, about 3-4 minutes.
• Turn off the heat then mix in 1/2 cup of the Shake Shack sauce.
• Serve on Potato Rolls with cheese, tomato, lettuce, and remaining Shake Shack sauce
Here’s how to make your own Shake Shack sauce:
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon ketchup
• 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
• 4 slices kosher dill pickle, finely chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• pinch cayenne pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
2. If you want your sauce to have a smooth texture, you can blend it in the food processor for 5-10 seconds.
3. Store in a sealed airtight container in the refrigerator.
TACO BELL NACHO FRIES BELLGRANDE
3 cups Copycat Taco Bell Seasoned Beef for meat:
• NACHO CHEESE SAUCE
1⁄2 yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1⁄2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
2 cups whole milk
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
2 cups Velveeta cheese, grated
1 (32 ounce) bag frozen french fries
• FRENCH FRY SEASONING
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
2⁄3 cup sour cream
2 tomatoes, chopped
In a small bowl mix together French Fry Seasoning ingredients. Cook frozen French Fries according to package directions; halfway through cooking, sprinkle french fries with french fry seasoning and toss to coat. Set cooked fries aside.
• Nacho Cheese Sauce:
1. In a large saucepan over medium, heat oil. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until onion has softened about 5 to 7 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk, tomato paste, and vinegar, until well combined; allow to steep for 20 minutes.
2. In a large heatproof bowl, combine grated cheeses, Place a fine mesh strainer over the bowl containing the cheese. Strain milk mixture into the bowl. Discard solids from strainer.
3. Using a wooden spoon stir cheese mixture until smooth and saucy. If cheese doesn’t melt completely, set bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until cheese melts and mixture comes together.
4. On a large platter, top Seasoned French Fries with Copycat Taco Bell Seasoned Beef, Nacho Cheese Sauce, sour cream, and tomatoes.
For the copycat Taco Bell seasoned beef, you need:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 lbs ground beef
1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
1 (15 ounce) tomato puree
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon flavor enhancer, such as Ac'cent
1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Add beef; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 9 to 12 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients; simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 12 to 15 minutes.
KFC ORIGINAL STYLE CHICKEN
When you are on a budget, the first thing you stop doing is going out to grab something to it. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t make the same food! Here’s a flavorful recipe for you to make the KFC™ original-style chicken.
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons onion salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 1/ 2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 whole chicken (2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks, 2 wings)
1 egg white
2 quarts neutral oil, for frying
1. Preheat fryer to 350°F. Mix together all spices until they blend well. Combine the spice mix with flour, brown sugar and salt.
2. Dip chicken pieces in egg whites to lightly coat them and then transfer the pieces to the flour mixture. Turn a few times to make sure the mix really sticks to the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
3. Let chicken pieces rest for around 5 minutes in order to allow the crust to dry a bit. Fry the chicken in batches. Breasts and wings take around 12-14 minutes. Legs and thighs need a little bit more time. Chicken pieces are done when the meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 165°F.
4. Let the chicken drain on a few paper towels as they come out of the fryer. Serve while still hot.
Special tips: fried chicken pairs well with dip sauces, so there are endless combinations you can try!