If you have been postponing the purchase of a new computer because it doesn't fit your budget, then you should take a look at these tips to buy one and save money!
Buying a new computer may not be exactly what most people consider an affordable purchase, but there are a few ways in which you can do it and still save money!
Before you start your research, you may want to make a list of those features you must have in your next computer. Now you've defined how powerful you need it to be, let's analyze how can you get a less expensive one and save some money!
Buy a computer and still save money!
- Choose a slightly older model: Nowadays, a new model gets old after only a few months and the only difference with the new edition is that it has a few improvements, so check your options. You can find a slightly older model with an excellent capacity and performance for a less expensive price.
- Buy refurbished: These products are usually returns or units that didn't pass the initial quality control checks and were rebuilt. Refurbished computers are sold at discount rates, so you can get a deal for it! If you buy refurbished, make sure you check if it includes warranties, if it details who rebuilt it and if the discount is lower than the new system costs.
- Buy one with less RAM and then upgrade it: Doing this it might be less expensive than buying a new one. Check if the one you want to purchase doesn't have a fixed memory, otherwise, you won't be able to upgrade it.
- Upgrade your computer: If your desktop or laptop can be upgraded instead of replaced, you can save plenty of money! Bear in mind that it will depend on several factors, like the age of the computer, if it can be upgraded and how much will this cost compared to purchasing a new one.
- Coupons: Nowadays, you can find coupons for almost every product and service, computers included! So, check for digital coupons with special discounts on computers and save some money while buying a new computer.