With this simple recipe, you can make them taste exactly like the original!
Everyone will be amazed by this dish. And you will be amazed at how simple it is to make! Get ready, this is what you'll need.
1 kg. active dry yeast, 2 ¼ teas.
¼ cup warm water, about 100 degrees
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon butter, melted
¼ cup + 1 teaspoon sugar
3 ½ -4 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Butter Ingredients:
1 stick butter, softened
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. Heat milk to 180 degrees
2. Remove the milk from heat and add the softened butter. Let it cool a bit.
3. Dissolve yeast with 1 teaspoon sugar in the warm water. Let it sit for 5.
4. In a stand mixer bowl add the yeast, milk, sugar, salt, and 1 cup flour.
5. Combine with a whisk or paddle attachment.
6. Add egg and beat until combined.
7. Add 2 more cups of flour one at a time scraping down the sides and mixing after each addition.
8. Change to dough hook and add flour ½ cup at a time on low speed until dough forms and pulls away from the sides.
9. Knead the dough with the dough hook on medium until the dough is smooth, 3-4 minutes.
10. Grease a large bowl with oil or cooking spray.
11. Lightly dust the counter with flour and turn dough out. (Be sure to dust your hands as the dough will be sticky.)
12. Form the dough into a ball and place it in a greased bowl.
13. Turn over once to oil both sides of the dough. Cover and place in a warm place at least 1 hour or until doubled in size. I put it in the oven with the inside light left on.
14. Turn out onto a well-floured surface. Dust a rolling pin with flour and roll out to ½ inch thick. Using a dough scraper or pizza cutter cut out rectangles of dough about 2x3 inches.
15. Take the rectangles and fold the short edges under, meeting in the middle to make a rounded shape on top.
16. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet; cover and let sit until doubled, about 15 minutes.
17. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (Make sure to remove the rolls if you are letting them rise in the oven.)
18. Bake at 350 degrees F until deep golden brown, 11-13 minutes. Remove and brush with melted butter.
19. Serve warm with cinnamon butter.
20. Cinnamon Butter Instructions:
21. Cream together ingredients in a medium bowl. Enjoy on warm rolls!