Natasha's Kitchen Channel: Sharing recipes you can count on since 2009. Featuring hundreds of favorite family recipes from dinner to dessert. Explore our fun Video recipes and step-by-step cooking tutorials.
About the video:
"Mom's creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo has been a family favorite for years! Classic Chicken Alfredo is feel-good comfort food, so creamy but light! Serve it for lunch or dinner.
Ingredients for Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo:
2 lbs Chicken Breast
3/4 lbs fettuccine pasta (or angel hair or vermicelli pasta)
1 lb white mushrooms thickly sliced
1 small onion finely chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
3 1/2 cups half and a half *
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
1 tsp sea salt or to taste, plus more for pasta water
1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
3 Tbsp olive oil divided
1 Tbsp butter
To substitute half and half, use equal parts of milk and heavy cream
Print this recipe: https://natashaskitchen.com/moms-chic...
- Cook fettuccini in a large pot of salted water (4 qts water with 1 Tbsp salt,) according to package instructions then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice chicken breast into strips and season all over with salt and pepper. In a large, deep skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium/high heat and saute chicken until light golden and cooked through (5 min). Remove chicken from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- In the same pan over medium/high, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Add onion and sauté 3 minutes until soft. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until soft (5-7 min), stirring frequently. Add garlic and sauté another 30 seconds until fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Add half-n-half and simmer over medium/high heat 8-10 min, or until just beginning to thicken. Add chicken back to pan, along with 1/4 cup parsley and season sauce to taste (1/2 to 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper).
- Add cooked pasta and stir to combine. Heat another minute until warmed through then turn off the heat, cover and let pasta rest 10-15 minutes then stir to combine and serve garnished with more parsley.
Facebook: Natasha's Kitchen
Pinterest: Natasha's Kitchen
PO Box 161
Meridian, ID 83680
If you want to see more Natasha's Kitchen videos, here is her YouTube Channel.