This year, Amtrak turns 50 and the railroad company is celebrating it with very cheap fares. How can you get 50% off tickets to major cities right now?
If you have already received the second dose of the vaccine and are thinking about where you are going to travel to enjoy your regained freedom, checking the options Amtrack is offering may be a great idea.
Travel is slowly coming back, with safety measures of course, and many are booking summer trips, and the railroad company is offering 50% off fares to celebrate 50 years in business.
You only have time till May 5 to book a trip to major cities like Chicago, DC, New York, Atlanta, and more in both Coach class and Acela business class, so this could be a great time to take a holiday or visit family and friends who you haven’t been able to see due to the pandemic.
The fares are open for travel between June 2 and November 13, 2021, and here are some of the options you can look into:
One-way Acela fares to/from:
- Philadelphia to New York for $41
- Washington, DC to Philadelphia for $46
- New York to Providence for $47
- New York to Boston for $49
- New York to Washington, DC for $50
One-way Coach fares to/from:
- Boston to Portland, ME for $15
- Portland, OR to Seattle for $18
- Washington, DC to Philadelphia for $19
- New York to Providence for $25
- Chicago to Minneapolis for $36
- Atlanta to New Orleans for $41
- New York to Miami for $50
- Washington, DC to Chicago for $50
- Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL for $50
- Chicago to Los Angeles for $50